So this entire fun filled summer has revolved around this big wedding that is now just a mere 2 weeks away. I have had time with my lovely family for the past months including my baby cousins who are growing up way to fast and my Aunt and Uncle who I cant get enough of.....and our normal baseball filled -high speed summers....
We also celebrated mom and dads 25th anniversary early with a big party and tons of family and friends. We had a great turn out! We wanted to send them on a special weekend away/2nd honeymoon after all the chaos of my wedding gets out of the way. We had many sweet and generous people who stepped up to help with food and donations to help us celebrate this joyous occassion. We had to do it early, July 17th, because their real anniversary is August 4th and I will be out on the ocean somewhere :)
Thank you to all who came and celebrated with us, and to all who helped in any way, shape, form or fashion.... YOU MADE IT A BIG SUCCESS!!
Planning this wedding has been a lot of fun, but I am sure ready for it to get here and be done with. I miss things like going to Six Flags to go wedding shopping... oh the joys.... I am ready to be married to the love of my life and have my own place to call home, but I am not quite ready to move 15 hours away from all those who are so dear to my heart.
I have lived in Sanger for about 18 or 19 years and these people are Family to me... not to mention having most of my family within a 3 hour driving time and some just down the road. I am going to even miss ETBU, and all my beautiful people there and my 2nd life I had at school. As the countdown is at the edge of 2 weeks you start to think upon this "new life" and look back on the "old life" I never thought I would live outside of Texas in my entire life, and Iowa definitely was not on my top 40 states to move to, but like they say in the Music Man, " YOU OUGHT TO GIVE IOWA A TRY." So that is exactly what I plan to do. Moving so far from my family is so scary to me because its all I have ever known, and dont worry I will cry A LOT the first few months if not the first few years of our marriage just because I am such a family person. I am moving away from Tex-Mex, Sweet Tea, and McAllisters.... But all in all I am ready to take this change, with Philip by my side of course, and make the best of it. I know God has a reason for me/us to be so far away for now and with out a job currently and the whole shibang...(I dont know if thats how you spell it lol) Just know that cards, texts, emails, letters, facebook messages, etc will be greatly needed this first year as I adjust being away from the great state of TEXAS!!!! :)
I am also personally inviting all of you who read this to my wedding, If you didnt get an invitation its because I didnt have your address, so send me a message if you can come August 1st and ill give you all the details : ) I would love to see all of you there.....
With God Guiding My Steps,
Lauren Rachelle
We also celebrated mom and dads 25th anniversary early with a big party and tons of family and friends. We had a great turn out! We wanted to send them on a special weekend away/2nd honeymoon after all the chaos of my wedding gets out of the way. We had many sweet and generous people who stepped up to help with food and donations to help us celebrate this joyous occassion. We had to do it early, July 17th, because their real anniversary is August 4th and I will be out on the ocean somewhere :)
Thank you to all who came and celebrated with us, and to all who helped in any way, shape, form or fashion.... YOU MADE IT A BIG SUCCESS!!
Planning this wedding has been a lot of fun, but I am sure ready for it to get here and be done with. I miss things like going to Six Flags to go wedding shopping... oh the joys.... I am ready to be married to the love of my life and have my own place to call home, but I am not quite ready to move 15 hours away from all those who are so dear to my heart.
I have lived in Sanger for about 18 or 19 years and these people are Family to me... not to mention having most of my family within a 3 hour driving time and some just down the road. I am going to even miss ETBU, and all my beautiful people there and my 2nd life I had at school. As the countdown is at the edge of 2 weeks you start to think upon this "new life" and look back on the "old life" I never thought I would live outside of Texas in my entire life, and Iowa definitely was not on my top 40 states to move to, but like they say in the Music Man, " YOU OUGHT TO GIVE IOWA A TRY." So that is exactly what I plan to do. Moving so far from my family is so scary to me because its all I have ever known, and dont worry I will cry A LOT the first few months if not the first few years of our marriage just because I am such a family person. I am moving away from Tex-Mex, Sweet Tea, and McAllisters.... But all in all I am ready to take this change, with Philip by my side of course, and make the best of it. I know God has a reason for me/us to be so far away for now and with out a job currently and the whole shibang...(I dont know if thats how you spell it lol) Just know that cards, texts, emails, letters, facebook messages, etc will be greatly needed this first year as I adjust being away from the great state of TEXAS!!!! :)
I am also personally inviting all of you who read this to my wedding, If you didnt get an invitation its because I didnt have your address, so send me a message if you can come August 1st and ill give you all the details : ) I would love to see all of you there.....
With God Guiding My Steps,
Lauren Rachelle

No comments:
Post a Comment