So I know I haven't updated in a long time and you guys must be dying already so here is my engagement story. More details about my trip in its entirety later : ) but I know what you guys are really after he he.......
So it was an all day affair on the 30th. We got up in our glorious hotel (Thank you Brian and Deloris) and got all dressed up for our Broadway show. We got to NYC a little early so we did just a bit of shopping, and saw the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway around 2:00pm. (This was something I had always wanted to do) Brian and Deloris then left us for dinner and Philip and I went to a fancy French restaurant for dinner. I had to try all these new things for an appetizer, entree and dessert, it was interesting lol. The entire day Philip had been giving me notes periodically that said reasons he loved me. Notes is one of my love languages, and Philip is not very good at them, so this in itself was very sweet. We then took a Taxi down to Central Park, I had never been in a Taxi before either. We got to Central Park in search for the ice skating rink. We walked for a long time around and could not find the rink. Central Park at night is not the safest, and could have came out of a scary movie, so I sure kept getting closer and closer to him. So Finally we found the rink in the middle of Central Park, first time ice skating since I was like 7. I was a little nervous about it all at first, but we had a BEAUTIFUL skyline of the city, and even though it was very crowded we had a lot of fun. The future in-laws met up with us and took a few pictures, then off to a carriage ride we went around the park. I kept saying that Brian and Deloris should ride with us and save money, but Philip insisted we go alone. Little did I know they were going to hide to take pictures lol. So Philip got the driver to stop at this little bridge over looking a pond in the park with another beautiful view of the city in front of us. I read my last letter which he had wrote back in November to me saying how he knew there was no doubt I was the one and a bunch of lovey dovey stuff that I will spare you. Then we walked to the top of the bridge and proposed. It was PERFECT! I couldn't have asked for anything better, and I just love my ring! The future in-laws came out and had sparkling orange juice for us where we toasted to a new life together. Then all the phones started to ring and text messages were sent : )
Well folks there it is... more details for the trip to come and pictures and personal showings soon lol.....
Oh, and mark your calendars for August 1st in Sanger, Texas!
-Lauren (soon to be Luetchford) : )
So it was an all day affair on the 30th. We got up in our glorious hotel (Thank you Brian and Deloris) and got all dressed up for our Broadway show. We got to NYC a little early so we did just a bit of shopping, and saw the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway around 2:00pm. (This was something I had always wanted to do) Brian and Deloris then left us for dinner and Philip and I went to a fancy French restaurant for dinner. I had to try all these new things for an appetizer, entree and dessert, it was interesting lol. The entire day Philip had been giving me notes periodically that said reasons he loved me. Notes is one of my love languages, and Philip is not very good at them, so this in itself was very sweet. We then took a Taxi down to Central Park, I had never been in a Taxi before either. We got to Central Park in search for the ice skating rink. We walked for a long time around and could not find the rink. Central Park at night is not the safest, and could have came out of a scary movie, so I sure kept getting closer and closer to him. So Finally we found the rink in the middle of Central Park, first time ice skating since I was like 7. I was a little nervous about it all at first, but we had a BEAUTIFUL skyline of the city, and even though it was very crowded we had a lot of fun. The future in-laws met up with us and took a few pictures, then off to a carriage ride we went around the park. I kept saying that Brian and Deloris should ride with us and save money, but Philip insisted we go alone. Little did I know they were going to hide to take pictures lol. So Philip got the driver to stop at this little bridge over looking a pond in the park with another beautiful view of the city in front of us. I read my last letter which he had wrote back in November to me saying how he knew there was no doubt I was the one and a bunch of lovey dovey stuff that I will spare you. Then we walked to the top of the bridge and proposed. It was PERFECT! I couldn't have asked for anything better, and I just love my ring! The future in-laws came out and had sparkling orange juice for us where we toasted to a new life together. Then all the phones started to ring and text messages were sent : )
Well folks there it is... more details for the trip to come and pictures and personal showings soon lol.....
Oh, and mark your calendars for August 1st in Sanger, Texas!
-Lauren (soon to be Luetchford) : )

4 comments:
aww sssooo fun! Tell Phillip he did great! We do all need to get together soon. I am so excited for yall!
Crying tears of joy, girlie!!
I want to see the pics....and the ring. :) (I guess I should come to your room, huh?) love you both!
Omgosh... I swear LU guys really are the best proposers... I've heard so many stories of their proposals and holy monkeys... they sure know how to do it!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!
Post a Comment