I just love going to East Texas with the family to see mom's side... we always have such a great time, and there is always lots of laughter to go around.
Every year we have to do a Christmas program for Grandma to allow us to get our presents. Each family puts together some extravagant production, normally made up in the car on the drive over, or sometimes the same songs/dance the little ones did in a big Christmas production at church or school. This year though we got on top of things, took us 21 plus years, and we got our production for Grandma done ahead of time. We did our own rendition of the Hawaiian Christmas song by Bing Crosby. This is a song my dad grew up singing at the Shuman house with his sisters, so we decided to share it with the Ethridge family : )
We all dressed up in our summer/Hawaiian best and had a grand ole time. We read the Christmas story, ate Jesus' Birthday Cake, another tradition of ice cream cakes only Grandma makes, and the presents!!!
This year I got some beautiful turquoise earrings, an itunes giftcard, and the complete Love Come Softly series on DVD, a must see if you haven't .... they are great and have good moral guidelines.
I had a lot of fun with the family and close times with my adorable cousins I so often miss so dearly while I am away at school. It was sad to think that this very well might be my last Christmas single.... for sure my last one as a college undergraduate. Wow how time flies by!!
We all woke up this morning and went to church with the grandparents, this is something Grandpa always likes best! His entire family at his church where he pastors.... he loves it!
So far it has been a great Christmas.
-Stacy, Holly, and Kristen are coming over tomorrow and we are going into town to shop for Stacy's bridesmaid dresses for her June wedding, and having a much need girls night at my house!!! I CANT WAIT!
-Tuesday mom and I are going to get our nails done and do final shopping before our big Christmas Eve celebration!
- More updates on the holiday joys as the week progresses!
Have a Marvelous Merry Monday Everyone!!

3 comments:
Gotta love those Ethridge gatherings!!
I sure do!
I tagged you in my blogggg.
Post a Comment