Friends

Monday, October 26, 2009

Things you thought you would never say

So I have 15 1st graders this year. I am really loving it, but of course every class comes with a few of those "headache" children. Well with Swine flu going around as well as teaching in a low economical area, with a lot of family problems as usual. So one of my headache kids was out sick and then had a family situation that left him out until tomorrow. I saw him after school when he came to pick up his sister. He RAN up to me and gave me a huge hug and said he missed me, not a little, but a lot. Shoot I was okay with just the hug or the I missed you a little, not all of it! I literally had tears in my eyes when I saw him and he hugged me. With our crazy society today its hard not to worry about a kid when they are gone that long, especially with bad home lives. Although it has been a little quieter the past few weeks I wouldn't trade that reunion today for the world. This is why and how teachers keep going on day after day, for the little moments when you know you are changing a child's life for the good, and especially when you know those children often don't get the love and attention at home.
I love my children!

No comments: