Friends

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm tired of it looking a lot like Christmas!


You know how the old saying goes, "Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas," or "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas." Well that has been and will be the case for Cedar Rapids this year. Although it will be my first REAL and TRUE White Christmas we have had snow falling, freezing temperatures, freezing rain, and ice for the past 2 weeks or so now. A huge snow storm is on its way and will be here for Christmas day as well. Fingers crossed our flights do not get delayed.

The Luetchfords though have been rather busy since my last update. Phil had a Big Band Christmas Concert at church last week, so I went to all 3 performances, what else was I suppose to do. :) I have been busy shopping, cooking Christmas treats for the offices, and of course teaching.
I got a new kid from Chicago Monday, which was 2 days before a break never do this to your children its CRAZY!!! This child has no manners, or proper language usage. Pray he comes back from Christmas "touched by an angel" or this is going to be a very LONG 2nd semester. We had our Christmas "WINTER" party Tuesday, and I got a load full of amazing and thoughtful gifts from my children... they are sooo sweet.
Today Phil and I got up, to freezing rain, and went down to Coralville (30 min drive) to get massages we had won earlier this year. What a way to start off our MUCH needed vacation. We did a little shopping and just enjoyed our day, even in the blistering cold. :( We came back home did a little housework and relaxed on the couch to watch a couple movies. Tomorrow I will start our new family Christmas tradtions and get ready for our many trips.
We are spending Christmas Day with just the 2 of us in Cedar Rapids, then flying out to Pennsylvania to spend some time with Phil's family for a few days. On the 29th we will be flying to Dallas and staying through the 3rd with my lovely family, and then its back to Iowa we fly. I am really looking forward to seeing my family and getting out of the snow for a little while.

It will be a new Christmas experience for sure, and it will be hard being away from my family on Christmas day. My brothers and I always woke up early to see our Santa presents, yes even to this day. We always made homemade Christmas cookies and with the leftover icing we made a 'poop' cookie for Santa (He just loves it!!! :) he he) We sing Christmas Carols at the top of our lungs and laugh hysterically. We travel to grandparents, and make up our Christmas program for that year in the car. Oh what great memories I will sure miss this year with my brothers and my family, I mean gosh Phil isn't near as funny as my boys (lol just kidding babe) I guess we all have to grow up sometime and make our own family. But things will be a lot easier once we move back home to Texas! :)

Wishing yall a very Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy 2010! (Were getting old!)
Love you all!!

-Phil and Lauren-

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey girl! I love your posts! It is so good to be able to keep up with you since you're so far away! I know what you mean about missing your family on christmas day, I still do, and I am just an hour away! It is so hard to be away from your family, even though youre with your husband! It will be good to have your own traditions! I can't wait to hear about them. Well gotta go, hope you had a great Christmas!

Love,
Kristen

Lee Ann said...

So glad to hear yall are doing well! Have a good rest of your break and second semester! Hard to believe we're half way through our first year