Friends

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

In Need of a lot of prayer

Hey you guys! 
I'm not actually sure who still reads this on a regular basis, we all know I'm not very good at keeping track of it.  Whoever does read this though please be in prayer for me.

This school year I was moved to another building in the district. I had my Kindergarten room all set up and had been working so hard this past summer to make it an incredible school year for my Kindergarten kids. 2 days before school started they told me our building numbers were too low and since I had only been in the building 3 years, myself and another teacher got reassigned. With this being my last year in Iowa you can imagine how bummed I was to get moved away from some of the people who took me in during my time in Iowa, they were my Iowa family. I was reassigned to a 2/3 classroom, neither of which I have ever taught. Interesting in its own right there. I got to my new building and much to my surprise there were no classrooms to put me in, so here I am in a small corner of the library/computer lab with pvc pipes and a shower curtain as a wall.  Ideal for sure...not!  So I have tried all year to embrace what an interesting situation this is for my last year in Iowa.  Boy has it been hard. I do not feel the welcoming, inviting atmosphere I had at Madison.  I am treated not like a classroom teacher, but like an aide. I work with both grades, 2 classrooms per grade, on reading and math.  My groups change every couple weeks and sometimes the day or hour before I am to be working with that group. The other teachers talk about what they are going to use me for around me without hardly asking for my input. I mean seriously its been a challenge.
I have tried to turn my Pandora on to Christian music to make my days a little lighter, and it helps some. But you guys that know me well would be shocked at how I am now. I cry all the time, and am constantly depressed.
Iowa already depressed me some being away from family and friends, but this year its been worse.  Its gotten so bad that I am constantly sick all the time and have even thought about talking to my doctor about getting depression medicine.  I'm not my bubbly out going self. Its soooo hard to see myself this way.

ON TOP OF THAT~ I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out soon and we are starting that process too.

Please pray that the rest of this year goes super fast.  Pray that our house sells fast, we are putting it up in March, and that we will both find good jobs soon. 

Thank you for your prayers and support.

~Lauren~

1 comment:

Lauren Nelson said...

So glad that you joined us for the link up today! I'll be praying for you and your job that you can finish strong. I know how hard it is to be in a difficult job, just know that the Lord is using you for His glory and one day you will look back on this time and be able to see exactly what his plan was the whole time!